In this article, we'll help you to collect all of your Interior Renovation ideas all in one place so that you can get more clarity with your interior renovation project. We've also created a "Downloadable Interior Planning Checklist" that you can use to help you plan your Interior renovation.
Firstly, ask yourself the following:
✔Have you determined your budget?
✔Have you thought about your top priorities?
✔Have you checked your calendar for the most convenient time of year to renovate?
✔Have you considered how the renovation will affect the way you live and how you’ll work around it?
✔ Have you checked how removing walls will affect the weight-bearing of the home?
✔ Have you established the thematic look and style of your interiors?
Now, consider if each item is must-have, nice-to-have, or not important…
Should I renovate, add or extend?
- Living area
- Study/office area
- Kids playroom
- Media room/home theatre
- Garage, basement or attic conversion
- Home gym
- Spa room
What is my renovation purpose?
- Future-proofing (retirement)
- Luxury renovation
- Increasing space/storage
- Creating indoor/outdoor flow
- Pet-friendly renovation
Design, Style + Layout
- Windows – particular style, shape or size
- Window dressings - roller blinds, Venetian blinds, shutters etc.
- Natural light – large windows, skylights etc.
- Open plan design
- Staircases and railings
- Doors – sliding, bifold, french doors etc.
- Models/furniture - repurposed, modern, luxury etc.
Storage + Cabinetry
- Shelving storage & storage cupboards
- Built-in storage
- Wall hooks
- Window seat with built-in storage
- Under-stair storage
- Increasing attic/basement/garage storage
Appliances + Electricals
- Wiring for TV, music or Internet
- Automated smart home systems
- Smart security systems
- Wall-mounted TV screens
- Lighting – feature or task lighting, dimmers etc.
- Ventilation – ducted system or other
- Heating & cooling – HVACs, fans, radiators, fireplaces etc.
- Underfloor heating
- Insulation – underfloor, walls and/or ceiling
- Flooring – wood, tiles, carpet, concrete etc.
- Walls - wood, tiles, stone, cork etc.
- Paint - colour, brand, feature walls
- Carpentry work
- Benchtops - laminate, stone, Corian, wood etc.
- Splashbacks - glass, stone, tiles etc.
Where to from here?
Get in touch to discuss your renovation!